The procedures for reserving and using the room, as well as the policies to be used in making scheduling decisions are described below.
ERC 250 contains an LCD display, AirMedia, conference phone, and a whiteboard wall.
- To request a reservation for a single event, please fill in the information requested on the Internal Reservation Form (Engineering and Physics faculty and staff) or External Reservation Form (other University users).
- Confirmation is subject to change based on the scheduling guidelines outlined below.
- Due to the challenge of finding an available room, recurring reservations are not able to be booked through this form. Please email email@example.com for such requests.
- If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
As a first step in minimizing scheduling conflicts, users are asked to book only for those times for which there is a very high likelihood that the planned activity will take place and to release the scheduled time as soon as it is known that a scheduled activity will not take place.
Secondly, users reserving a space should also understand that there may be times when they will be asked to reschedule or relocate their activity because the space is needed for another activity that is regarded as having higher priority. If scheduling conflicts arise that cannot readily be resolved to the satisfaction of the users involved, then these conflicts will be referred to the Dean of Engineering who, in consultation with the chairs of the departments with competing claims, will make the final decision.
- Groups of more than 20, who are having an event including food, must request event clean up support and furniture movement (as needed) from Facilities Management.
- All groups using the conference rooms are responsible for clean-up, putting chairs and tables back in their original position, turning off lights and monitors, and shutting and locking the door when done.
- Access to Conference Rooms (except ERC 204, ERC 205, and ERC 206) on the weekend and after hours (5 pm - 6 am) will require a faculty or staff host.
- Reservations for any space more than six months in advance will need to be reviewed before approval.
- Reservations made within 24 hours of an event cannot be guaranteed.
Access to ERC:
- The exterior doors for the ERC are open 6:00 am - 7:00 pm M-F. Please do not prop open doors. Staff support hours for the ERC are 8:30AM - 5:00PM. Please email email@example.com with any questions.
- Access to ERC 250 and ERC 350 by members of the engineering and physics community will require card swipe for access to this wing of the building 24/7. Members of these communities should have card swipe access by default.
- All Brown students (per the Provost’s list) may access the ERC via card swipe from 7:00 pm to 11:00 pm.
- The engineering and physics community may access the ERC via card swipe from 7:00 pm to 6:00 am.
Anyone with questions about reservations, including recurring reservations, should email firstname.lastname@example.org.