Industry Partnerships: Accelerating Innovation
The School of Engineering is always looking for industry, corporate, and government collaborations in areas of common research interest. These partnerships are mutually beneficial in advancing R&D efforts and spurring innovation. We seek these connections to help facilitate faculty and student interactions with industrial and thought leaders in the U.S. and globally, and focus our research on the most relevant and impactful applications. Collaborations may take the form of industrial sponsored research projects, discretionary funding in support of faculty research, faculty consulting, access to shared research facilities, or sharing of material samples, data sets, or pre-commercial devices.
Ways to Get Involved
The Brown School of Engineering actively encourages students and faculty to engage with industry and provides various opportunities for industrial partners to gain access to the wealth of intellectual potential of our faculty and students. We encourage you to learn more about the current research interests of our faculty.
- Job Postings (post to our university Handshake site)
- Annual Career Fair (engineering-specific)
- Job Talks (educate students about your industry and company)
Research Collaborations and Commercialization:
- Faculty Consulting - Faculty host your researchers in their labs or visit your R&D sites to share cutting edge techniques and/or research methodologies
- Industry sponsored research projects - A research project is conducted in collaboration with Brown faculty to address one of your big R&D questions
- Commercialization & Licensing - Brown fosters commercialization through licensing of existing intellectual property and launching of new ventures