Transfer Credit

Students may be able to obtain transfer credit for courses taken away from Brown. The maximum number of tuition units that may be transferred for the Ph.D. degree is eight, and the maximum residence equivalence that can be granted is one year. The maximum number of courses that may be transferred for the Sc.M. degree is one except in the five-year integrated Sc.B./Sc.M. program, where two courses can be transferred provided they are Brown courses that are not used to fulfill the Sc.B. requirements. Students entering from abroad with advanced degrees should establish Sc.M. equivalency by the end of their first year in residence. Transfer credit approval forms are available from the Registrar's Office.